Friday, July 27, 2007

Flared Up

Oh, yes.

I SNAPPED...

...in bold and all caps.

Why? Because of such brilliant people surrounding me! Pertaining to suppliers and anyone in relation to them.

Semi-snap incident no. 1:
Client called and talked to our AE. She relayed the message to me that our file can’t be opened by the client’s supplier?

WHAT? It’s already Adobe Illustrator 10 for Christ’s sakes. Nowadays, we use CS3… that version 13. They tell me they can’t open a file saved 2 versions lower?!? Then they “suggested” to convert the file in Corel. Punyeta! Who uses such program now. It’s soooo centuries ago. My boss-friend almost snapped too. Then our AE came back to me, the CD where the file was saved (it’s them who saved it, since we submitted the final artwork (FA) via email because they were in a such “hurry”) has scratches! Wow! Such brilliance. We get to be blamed for their carelessness and stupidity!

I pray that if stupidity is a disease, it isn’t contagious!

Major snap incident no. 2:
It's 4:00 PM on a Friday. They call up to tell me to adjust our file because the so-called red in the file is intense and can't be adjusted.

What red? It's a pink background for crying out loud! And it's a subdued pink. How am I suppose to tone down the red there when I can't see any fucking red in the file.

ARGH.

That was the end of my patience… for the week. I made a decision to shut off my mobile phone. Call all they want, I wouldn’t care. My boss-friend might take over my duties or worse get mad at me but, I’m sorry. This time I have to set some footings.

Weekends are sacred. It’s my weekend. MY weekend alone.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I imagine that you work for an ad agency. I did too. Things like that happen everyday and I'm surprised you still snap.

Words of wisdom from the savants of the industry:

1. "Dami mong reklamo."
2. "Di ka makatrabaho kung di Mac ang makina mo? E di ka magaling."
3. "S'an ka nakakitang kliyenteng hindi nagmamarunong?"

Kung 'di mo kaya yung init ng kusina,...

Anonymous said...

Hello, Anthony.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Actually, I work not on an agency. We provide the branding of the product. Ad agency won't have anything to advertise if there won't be any branding first.

But thanks for the wisdom you imparted. I guess you are one of the savants of the industry.

Pardon if you can't bare with my "reklamo".

I never claimed I'm "magaling". I used PC too prior to Macs. It just so happen no one would make me return to PC and leave Mac. I have high respects for Steve Jobs and his Apple team/people.

And for clients "na hindi nagmamarunong"... we have a few who believes in our team, trusts and still with us. Even with these "reklamadors" they left us and yet comes back and ever refer a few more clients, I guess because we deliver beyond their expectation? :)

And I'm proud to say, I'm still cooking the stew... into baking na nga eh. I guess my team is much as well satisfied with my performance :)

Thanks again. Hope you'd come back, read and comment on my reklamos ;)

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

I'm no savant. I won't 'bare' with your reklamo, but I sure can bear with them. No criticism on your person, but really, your snap incidents are way too common. As the Zen saying goes, "Nothing is important enough to get upset about." But what do I know.

Now how about those subject-verb agreements, eh...?

Anonymous said...

Haha. S*** like this happens all the time, every day and everywhere--whether it's spelling, subject-verb agreement, or pesky Others (as in clients or taxi drivers). Nothing that a strong cup of coffee couldn't fix:)